WandaVision Episode 3 Review – Don’t Say the ‘U’ Word
Yeah. Are you nervous yet? We said this last week but episode 3 of WandaVision is the one that really solidifies this creeping towards a horror show. While we're not 100% sure what's going on, its beginning to look like Wanda might be holding a whole town hostage in her fantasy. The question (or one of many) is how did all of this begin? Was this the plot of someone else that then got out of hand? Or did Wanda do all of this on her own? And what is S.W.O.R.D.'s role in all of this?
Here are some things that caught our eye:
- Wanda swings between having no control of her powers and having complete control. When she's fully into the illusion that is the sitcom her and Vision are living in, her powers seem to do things she's not trying to do. Like when she made the fake butterflies become real (which is frightening) or when she went into labor and her powers went haywire. But then there are times when its clear she's in control. Like the rough jump cut to restart the scene when Vision started trying to mention that things seemed off. Or when she sent Monica...I mean "Geraldine"...flying out of the town.
- The mention of Pietro and Ultron and particularly Wanda's reaction to hearing the name "Ultron" really drive home that Wanda is suffering from a lot of trauma. Also reminder that her husband's "dad" killed her brother.
- We said that nothing good comes from Wanda having twins but the way they're manifested this time are even worse. She goes through 9 months fo pregnancy in like 14 hours. And even then, she seems to just manifest Billy just her and Vision could both have kids with the names each wanted.
- One question we don't have an answer for yet is if Vision is real or just all in Wanda's head
- Clearly more attention should have been paid to what Wanda's powers really are. Considering they came from the mind stone, this all could really just be the tip of the iceberg.
Wanda is both in control and out of control and the more episodes we get the more things are sure to unravel. Also knowing this ties into the next Doctor Strange movie, we can't help but think there's no happy ending to this show. This episode peeled back a little bit more of the curtain and we can't wait for more to be revealed next episode.
Follow us on Twitter:
Want more podcast greatness? Sign up for a MTR Premium Account!