After all these years it’s good to have Star Trek back on TV (well…sort of). On this Super Tuesday Recap episode we’re reviewing the first three episodes of Star Trek: Discovery (The Vulcan Hello, Battle at the Binary Stars, Context is for Kings). It’s a fun episode that you’re going to want to check out!
- Our thoughts on the three episodes so far and the direction the series is going
- The blend of action and staying true to the exploration/science aspect of Star Trek
- The one nitpick: They gotta stop doing prequel Star Trek shows. The technology is way too advanced
- How Sonequa Martin-Green’s Michael Burnham takes aspects from both Kirk and Spock
- Is Captain Lorca a sociopath? He seems to lack a care for the lives of his crew (and others). How will that play with Burnham who committed mutiny in order to save hers. How will Saru handle this?
- Cadet 53% Tilly
- The look of the Klingons and why maybe Star Fleet should have just left them alone
- The stupid decisions CBS is making with Discovery being only available through CBS All Access in the states
We’ll be back in a few weeks to review the next 3 episodes of Star Trek: Discovery. Make sure you subscribe to Super Tuesday Recap on iTunes/Stitcher/Google so you don’t miss an episode.