Revisiting Angelina Jolie’s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider from 2001
Ah. The terribleness that is video game movies. While comic book movies are all the rage these days and have come a LONG WAY from where they started, video game movies sadly haven't. Kriss and Rod take a trip down memory lane to the very first Tomb Raider movie starring Angelina Jolie. Yeah it's not good. At all. We can only hope that the film coming out this week that reboots and starts again is much better. We break down this film and have a larger discussion about what's wrong with translations of video games to movies and our hopes for the upcoming movie.
- THE CAPE!
- "Make sure her chest is showing" must have been the direction for the camera crew
- They made Lara Croft be Batman with two guns
- Iain Glen is hard to recognize without his greyscale
- The "I'm the villain" starter pack: glasses, black leather coat and slicked back hair
- Daniel Craig's hilarious American accent
- Jon Voight's mustache is worse than Superman's removed on in Justice League
- and more